Refer a Young Warrior Mentee
Do you know a young woman 17-25 years living in Sydney who is needing support?
Would they like help to complete further study or to get a job?
Would they like to learn how to earn and manage your own money and become financially independent?
Would they like support with mood management?
Would they like to make new friends?
Would they like to be supported by a caring group of female mentors to help you achieve your goals?
Well, if the answer is yes, we might just have the right program for them! The Young Warrior Woman Program is designed especially for young women ages 17-25. The program provides connection to a safe group of peers and mentors who are non-judgemental and good listeners. Our mentors are positive female role models from the local community who will provide you with support, guidance, wisdom and will also cheer you on from the sidelines to reach their goals.
We provide a comprehensive six-month life-skills education program which will teach them all of the skills they need for the future. We can also help them to finish studying and/or get a job or go onto higher education so that they can earn their own money and take charge of your life.
Workshop sessions will provide them with tips and tools for regulating mood and dealing with any stress and anxiety you may have about going out on their own as an independent Warrior Woman.
This is what a typical weekly Zoom and Saturday Workshop day would look like:
- Inspirational female speaker who has achieved amazing goals and/or have overcome adversity
- Financial literacy workshop
- Job readiness workshop
- Group psychotherapy session support with your peers
- Life skills education workshop
- Health and wellness workshop
If you your nominated person would like to be part of the Young Warrior Woman Program they MUST be:
- Willing to be mentored by a group of safe stable female role models to help them achieve their goals
- Committed to connect with a Mentor one hour a week (in person but most likely via phone or Zoom)
- Willing to ask for help from the Warrior Woman team when needed
- Committed to attend ALL sessions of the program
- Six-month commitment
- Attend an ONLINE Interview – informal, just so that we can get to know them!
- Weekly ONLINE Workshops, incorporating group mentoring and one-to-one mentoring with their Wise Warrior Mentor (week night 12 evenings | 6pm-8pm)
- Beginning, Mid and End of Program IN PERSON Workshop days (three Saturdays | 10am-4pm)
- One hour weekly catch-up with their Mentor (in person but most likely over the phone or via Zoom)
- End of Program Celebration Lunch – IN PERSON (Saturday | 10am-3pm)
More information can be found HERE.
Mentee Calendar of Dates
- SYDNEY 2023 [to be confirmed]
So, what does your nominated person need to do next (they may need your help)?
Fill out this application form (link below). Once we have received their application form, we will contact them to set up a time for an interview with members of the Warrior Woman team.
This will be very casual and relaxed and will take about 30 minutes either in person or digitally. The purpose of the interview is to get to know them a little better (and vice versa) and walk you through the steps of the program. It is a great opportunity for them to ask any questions you may have.
If you would like to express an interest in referring a Young Warrior, please complete the Application Form below.
If you would like more information please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org