Become a Wise Warrior Mentor
Our flagship program, the six-month Young Warrior Woman Program combines life-skills education, mental health support and connection to a safe and nurturing group of female mentors who we call Wise Warriors. These are caring, positive, and stable female role models from the local community who provide support, guidance and impart the wisdom of life experience.
Our ideal mentors are:
- Women 25 years of age and over
- Stable role models with a passion for advancing young vulnerable women in the Australian community
- Willing to be matched one to one with a mentee (Young Warrior) and attending the program together
- Willing to embrace our mentoring philosophy and strategy, share our values, and work in line with our policies and procedures
- Willing to undergo our training program and embrace ongoing training as provided
- Willing to ask for help from the Warrior Woman team when needed
- A good listener
- Committed to attend all sessions of the program
- Six-month commitment
- Interview process
- Compulsory 14 hours Mentor training over two days (generally on a
- Weekly ONLINE educational and therapeutic workshops, incorporating group mentoring and one-to-one mentoring with your Young Warrior Mentee (12 week night evenings | 6pm-8pm)
- Beginning, Mid and End of Program IN PERSON workshop days (three
Saturdays | 10am-4pm)
- End of Program Celebration Lunch – IN PERSON (Saturday | 10am-3pm)
- Complete Expression of Interest Application Form
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Referee Check
- Attend Interview via Zoom
- Attendance at Compulsory two-day Mentor Training
Mentor Calendar of Dates
SYDNEY 2023 [to be confirmed]
If you would like to express an interest in becoming a Wise Warrior Mentor, please complete the Application Form below.
If you would like more information please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Please note that completion of the above unfortunately does not guarantee you a Mentee match in your application year. Matches are made based on the number of Mentor AND Young Warrior MENTEE applications received for each program.
Please do note, that if your application is successful, we will do everything we can do to make sure there is a suitable Mentee match.